Thursday 5 January 2012

Carmina London Lounge Oxford boots in Cordovan

I reported on these beautiful boots when I received them in 2008. Since then, I have had quite a few request to see how the boots have aged with wearing. Here are some photographs of the patinated cordovan boots.

I don't wear these boots regularly, but do wear them on some trips. I wore them in rotation with a pair of Crockett & Jones Conniston boots and another pair of Carmina cordovan double monks in SIHH 2009 in Geneva in January, and thereafter a 5 day relaxation tour of Paris. But often, these are called to duty very infrequently. I typically wear them in more dressy events.

The patina is truly beautiful, and as I have described once before, the shine of the cordovan comes from within the leather, and not reside on the surface as it tends to be with calf.

No comments: